#352 The Chicago Board of Ethics: Our Responsibilities, and How the Public Can Help
With the start of the new City Council legislative session, and in light of recent corruption charges against several Chicago Aldermen, the Chicago Board of Ethics has called for new reforms to fight City Hall corruption.
Join us on Tuesday to hear from Steve Berlin, the Executive Director of the Chicago Board of Ethics. He will talk about:
- The Board’s role, responsibilities and jurisdiction
- What the City’s ethics laws cover
- The kinds of disclosures we collect and make public
- Why public participation is important
- How the Civic Tech community can be of assistance
RSVP required Braintree now requires all attendees to RSVP beforehand by 12:00 PM (noon). Walk-ins will not be allowed!
ASL This event will have an American Sign Language interpreter.
Food Food and drinks will be provided. We encourage attendees to bring their own water bottles to reduce waste.
Agenda and meeting notes
American Sign Language interpreter